Following are links to resources and practices of my own that I have found valuable. I will be adding to this frequently. Using a daily Bible reading guide is your best insurance for reading consistently.
Bible Reading Plans
- NEW!–Bible in a Year by The Practical Disciple. A custom plan designed to help you finish the entire Bible in a year and maintain your interest.
- The 5x5x5 Reading Plan–5 minutes per day, 5 days per week, covers the New Testament in a year from the Discipleship Journal Magazine
- The Book-at-a-Time Bible Reading Plan–25 readings a month takes you through the Bible in a year. Also from Discipleship Journal Magazine
- The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan–Read four places in God’s Word every day to better grasp the unity of the Scriptures, takes you through the Bible in a year. Also from Discipleship Journal Magazine
- Top 40 Bible Passages from the book, The Disciple Making Church by Glenn McDonald
- Luke in Forty Days
Bible Reading/Study Methods
- Lectio Divina. ”Spiritual reading” Lectio Divina is a very meditative practice of prayerfully reading scripture.
- Stumo Inductive Bible Study Method, Page 1. A Bible study method that involves systematically making observations of the text and drawing conclusions from those observations. Be sure to download both page 1 and page 2.
- Stumo Inductive Bible Study Method, Page 2.
- Forty bags in Forty days. This how I purged 40 bags of clutter from my life, with tips on how to get started.
- Forty days free of a media habit. If you are a television or internet addict, try this discipline to set you free.
- Love Notes. Write a short note of encouragement or thanks to 40 people in 40 days.
- The Examen. A simple five part model of prayer began by St. Ignatius of Loyola.