Just a reminder that to get the most out of Sunday as I suggested in two recent posts you want to be intentional about worship. Here are some highlights from those posts as a timely reminder.
- Bring a Bible.
- Follow the readings.
- Note key words, phrases, or parts of the passage that jump out at you.
- Take notes.
- Try to reconstruct the sermon in your head almost immediately after hearing it.
- Set a goal for how you will respond or take action.
- Discuss the sermon with someone else. If you really want to remember it, discuss it with at least 3 people.
- Periodically, review recall the sermon and your goal later in the week.
If you didn’t read the two prior posts on getting the most out of your Sunday worship, then I suggest that you do so or review them prior to your next worship experience. Here are the links.
I hope that I am not being too repetitive, but a great deal of research suggests that we have to hear something 7 times before acting on it. Also, if many of you are like me, what I read on Monday doesn’t necessarily always come to mind Saturday or Sunday; hence, this little reminder on a Saturday night. Blessings and give God your very best attention every time you worship. It is perhaps the most important hour you will spend in a week.